Yu May's Blog

I'm a normal girl-next-door person and have a liking to a wide genre of music. Loves to read and pretty much a workaholic. So sue me,this from a gal who's motto in college was 'stress motivates me'. Anyways, enjoy.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Summer over and Semester starts

Yes I haven't updated my blog for a very long time. So sorry I apologize (enough yang?). But grovelling for forgiveness is not my cup of tea when its not all that important.
Been working almost everyday during the hols and had a summer course up in queenscliff. Busy busy busy. Hehehe. Well below are some pictures I took and are my favorites. Looks like postcards but I seriously did take it. No kidding. =P

The Queenscliff Pier. Many of the fishermen there were Italian I think. This was one of the spots I went snorkelling at to find Bryozoan samples for my Experimental Marine Ecology project. The water was cold and I wasn't wearing a wetsuit!! Let's just say I went for a dip instead of a long swim.

This was taken when Shauna, Rhianan and I decided to take a walk to the beach after being stuck in the lab for the entire day looking at larvaes under the microscope. It was definitely a nice day to go for a walk.

This was taken during a morning walk before going to the Marine Sanctary for labwork. Its a picnic spot right next to the beach and Citizen's Park. Love the way the sunlight added effect to the whole scene. Behind the trees there's this huge building and looks very castle-like. Apparently its a hotel that only rich people can afford I guess. Looks very intimidating from the outside. But what I would give to have a look at the interior. Caught a glimpse of the garden and it looked very zen.

Lately been going for taekwando training but still a bit sluggish. No idea why. Been so inactive for such a long time and its taking too darn long to get back on the edge. But the turn out at the club this semester is overwhelming and thats good news. Thanks to the members who did a great demo on O week.

The semester has started and everyone is bombarded left and right with assignments. Its scary that my essays are all due before the holidays. Aussies seem to want to use the hols to enjoy while I wanted to take time to do the essay. lolz. Such a difference. Animal behaviour subject was interesting and we have video tutorials. Of course it wasn't all that fun watching a robin attacking a dummy male robin. It was pretty traumatic for some of us. Didn't know that robins were that....urm...ferocious. Maybe has something to do with being descended from dinosaurs. *shrugs*

Yups thats all I have to say for now. 'Till the next time. Adios. By the way, my collegue is from Colombia, I should start picking up some Spanish from him. And some Creoul too since I've been bumping into Mauritius people alot. Its cool how they have their own language and on top of that, learn French too. Cheers Meeta and good luck with your dental practise.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home